HP Officejet pro 6978 Setup
Instructions for HP Officejet Pro 6978 Setup, Driver download, Wifi connect and Troubleshooting.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 setup support
HP Officejet Pro 6978 All-in-one printer conducts printing and scanning operations efficiently. Copy the documents within few minutes using the printer. Download compatible printer drivers from 123.hp.com onto the Windows, Mac or Android systems.
How to set up your HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer?
Use the provided guidance to complete HP Officejet Pro 6978 setup.
- Open the box, take the printer and place it on a plane surface.
- Remove all the packaging material from the inside and outside of the printer.
- Cross-check whether all the accessories are provided and not damaged.
- Take the power cord and connect the printer to the wall socket.
- Open the paper input tray, clean it and load enough paper in a paper tray.
- Refer to the manuals provided and load the Ink cartridges in the respective slot. Press the power button.
- Enter the required credentials in the touch screen printer located at the control panel.
- HP Officejet Pro 6978 setup is completed.
- Connect a device using a wired or wireless connection and start printing.
How to connect your HP Officejet Pro 6978 wirelessly?
Connect HP Officejet Pro 6978 to the wireless network following the guidelines provided below.
- Fix the printer to the wall socket, load enough paper in the paper tray, turn on the printer.
- Turn on the wireless network and make sure the printer is within the range of the wireless network.
- On the printer control panel > settings > network setup > wireless settings > wireless setup Wizard option.
- Select the required wireless network from the display, enter the required credentials and click ok.
- Within a few minutes, HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer is successfully connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Connect a device to the same wireless network and start printing.
How to download and install HP Officejet Pro 6978 driver software for Windows?
HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer driver is compatible with Windows software. Follow the guidelines and complete the driver setup.
- Turn on the printer, load a paper in the paper input tray and connect to a wireless network.
- Turn on the Windows OS and connect it to the same wireless network to upgrade the operating software.
- Open the browser, enter 123.hp.com, type the printer model number and select the compatible printer driver, then click to download.
- Open the downloaded file, start the installation, follow the on-page guidance, and complete the setup.
- When prompted to choose the type of connection, select a wired connection and connect a printer to the computer.
- Select a document and start printing.
- Complete the setup, reboot the system and conduct a test print.
- HP Officejet Pro 6978 driver download is completed.
How to download and install HP Officejet Pro 6978 Driver Software for Mac?
Download and install the HP driver on the Mac device following the guidelines.
- Connect the printer to a power source, load enough paper in the paper input tray, and turn on the printer.
- Turn on the wireless network and connect the Mac device and the printer to it.
- On the Mac browser visit, 123.hp.com, enter the printer model number and select compatible driver software.
- Click the driver file and Install it.
- Select the required connectivity mode when prompted.
- Choose a document, and start printing.
- HP Officejet Pro 6978 driver install on Mac is completed.
How to connect your HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer using the USB connection?
Connect HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer using a wired connection.
- Turn on the printer and connect it to a stable power source, load enough paper in the paper input tray.
- Cross-check whether your device has a USB port.
- In the case of a Windows system, select device installation settings and choose yes (recommended).
- Take the USB cable and connect the printer and computer.
- Found a new hardware message flashes on the screen. Click on it to complete the setup.
- If unable to find the printer, click add a printer or scanner option and follow the prompts.
- For a Mac system correct the printer and the system directly with the USB cable.
- Select the Apple icon > system preferences > printers and scanners > + sign > select the printer from the list and click add. Conduct the test print
For more detailed instructions regarding the other HP Officejet 3830, Deskjet Plus printer models like 4152, 4158, 4140, 4100, Envy 5055, Officejet Pro 8035 you can also contact certified printer technicians for instant and immediate printer assistance and troubleshooting guidelines.